The development of the epidemic is monitored by using a 7-day average and in comparison to the infection events of the previous week. This method enables us to clearly show the respective trends, regardless of the fluctuations in the daily figures.
Figures are constantly being updated. Figures for the same period, from different editions of the daily report, may therefore differ slightly.
CURRENT LOCAL INFECTION SITUATION
To track the infection at a local level, visit our website, which shows the situation in each municipality. It contains data on the incidence of the coronavirus SARS-CoV-2 per municipality based on 3 indicators:
- 7-day cumulative incidence (number of new infections in the last 7 days divided by the population of the specific municipality, multiplied by 100,000);
- Number of consecutive days on which at least one new infection was reported;
- Number of days on which there is an increase in new infections compared to the previous day, over a period of 7 days.
2. Daily figures
The daily figures are available online via the Sciensano COVID-19 dashboard.
- New infections (according to diagnosis date and no longer according to the date of notification to Sciensano as before);
- Hospital admissions and discharges from hospital;
- Deaths (by date of death and no longer by date reported to Sciensano).
The corresponding Open Data records can be downloaded from our website.
Dashboard and datasets are updated daily at 04.00 am.
The press release and the epidemiological report are published at 11 a.m. each time.
The virus has not disappeared from Belgian territory. Keep on following the tips to protect yourself and your family.
If you are ill (fever, coughing, respiratory problems, etc.), then please follow the advice of the FPS Public Health and:
- stay at home
- contact your doctor directly by telephone